This statement sets out the Terms and Conditions of use of the UCL Imagestore image resource. We may change the content or services found on this site at any time without notice, and consequently our terms and conditions may change at any time in the future.
Your use of this website will constitute your agreement to the following terms and conditions. Please read the details set out below carefully before using this database (the "database or site"). By accessing this site, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions and disclaimers (the "Terms"). References to 'you', 'your' and 'yours' are references to the person(s) accessing the site.
References to 'we', 'us' and 'our' are references to UCL Learning Technology & Media Services.
These Terms are to be read by you together with any terms, conditions and disclaimers provided in the pages of the Site. In the event of any conflict, the terms, conditions and disclaimers provided in the pages of the Site shall prevail over these Terms. The information, material and content provided in the pages of the Website may be changed at any time without notice. Changes may be made to the Terms at any time without notice by updating this posting. You agree to review the Terms regularly and your continued access to or use of the Website will mean that you agree to any changes.
You are wholly responsible for use of the database by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms.
- While connected and logged into this system as a UCL user or Guest, you can search, view and download images from this database for any use in connection with UCL teaching, administration or research.
- No images may be used for any other purpose without written permission from UCL Learning Technology & Media Services, as the copyright holder of the images for UCL.
- No image may be donated, sold or otherwise allocated or given to any other party.
- Where used, the UCL 'watermark' must remain on all images. If specific use of an image is required without the watermark, please contact UCL Learning Technology & Media Services.
- A copyright and credit statement should always be given when using any images from the database in printed publications.
- Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, currency, availability correctness and completeness of the information contained on the Database, whether provided by UCL or a third party, information is provided on an "as is", "as available" basis and we do not make any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. The use of the database is at your sole risk.
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever and whosoever arising as a result of your use or reliance on the information contained on the website to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- We do not represent or warrant that the Database will be available and meet all your requirements, as we cannot guarantee that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information.
- We cannot also guarantee that viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will not be transmitted or that damage will not occur to your computer system.
- You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment on your PC.
- You must undertake reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
- We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the Database.
Third party websites and warranties.
Where we provide hypertext links to other locations on the Internet, we do so for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the content of any other websites or pages linked to or linking to this Website. We have not verified the content of any such websites. Following links to any other websites or pages shall be at your own risk and we shall not be responsible or liable for any damage, harm or distress caused in connection with linking. Links to downloadable files are for convenience only and we are not responsible or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the data. Use of any downloaded file is governed by the terms of the licence agreement, if any, which accompanies files or is information provided within this resource. No endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressed or implied by any information on our Site.
Trademarks and Copyright
Copyright in the pages screens, information and material in their arrangement included in this Site is owned by or licensed to UCL Learning Technology & Media Services, unless otherwise noted. You may imprint, copy, download or temporarily store extracts from our Site for your personal information. You must not alter anything. Any other use is prohibited unless you first get our written permission. In particular no one may use a part of our Database on any other website, or link any other website to our Site, without our prior written permission.
All images are subject to copyright and it is a condition of use that all images and content should be credited accordingly. Where possible a photographer's credit line should always be present when using images from the database. When logged in to UCL ImageStore, please read the copyright statement linked to this site. The terms and conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of the above jurisdiction will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute, which may arise.
UCL Digital Media
UCL Information Services Division
London, WC1E 6BT.